Inverter grounding

Marine Electrical

Section - I have a heart freedin 25 connected to my house bank. The manual says to ...

Bookmark and Share   
    Ensign
    Home Port : OR
    Cruise-A-Home Corsair

Default Inverter grounding

I have a heart freedin 25 connected to my house bank. The manual says to run a 6awg from the grounding on the inverter to the ac grounding on the panel. ABYC indicates that there needs to be a wire from the grounding on the inverter to the negative of the battery terminal that is one gauge smaller than the negative dc wire to the inverter (2awg in my case so 4awg for the grounding wire). ABYC also indicates that a ring connector should be used instead of the wire screw point that is on the inverter. My questions are:
    1. Is the grounding to the battery in addition to the grounding to the AC or in place of it?
    2. How to modify the inverter to support a ring connector?
    3. If both the ac panel and dc negative get attached to the grounding, and the dc negative is attached to the engine blocks and the grounding plate on the transom is this a sufficient single point connection between the ac and dc grounding?
    this is on a 1979 cruise-a-home.

Ensign
    Cruise-A-Home Corsair

Additional question:
    would it be sufficient to run the 4 wag wire from the grounding lug on the inverter to the negative dc lug on the inverter, which is then connected to the negative terminal of the battery?

Ensign
    Cruise-A-Home Corsair

Correction, 2/0awg to battery and 1/0awg for grounding of inverter case to batter negative terminal or negative post on inverter.